Mariusz posed a few questions, wanting to know about common injuries in Muay Thai training (not fighting) and what to do to check and correct the causes; muscle building (hypertrophy) training for Muay Thai fighters; and eating allergies/intolerances.
So here’s another dog-walk talk, where I take the opportunity to chat through some ideas while out walking Logan (my somewhat crazy Tamaskan ‘wolf’ dog). He does his usual stupid stuff, while I try to answer these questions during a frosty, January Sunday morning walk.
I hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions of your own, please let me know.
And here’s a few links that I mentioned in this video too:
Founder of Heatrick Strength and Conditioning
Don Heatrick is a family man from the UK, former mechanical design engineer, European Muay Thai silver medallist, former pro Thai boxer (ranked 4th in UK while aged 40-years), and the go-to expert on Muay Thai performance training with over 25 years of coaching experience.
Don helps ambitious fighters & coaches take their game to the next level by bridging the gap between Strength & Conditioning, Performance Science, and Muay Thai.
Follow Don Heatrick on Instagram:
FREE VIDEO COURSE | THE SCIENCE OF BUILDING CHAMPIONS
The science of building a Muay Thai champion’s strength & conditioning, which results in…
- Fastest possible short-term progress
- Maximum long-term progress
- More efficient movement patterns
- Better technique
- Relentless endurance (never gas out)
- Reaching athletic potential as quickly and efficiently as possible (without wasting time on things that aren’t worth doing)
- Free up more time for technical training AND life!
- The Optimum 12-Week Fight Camp