In this, the very first episode of the Science of Building Champions podcast, I’m joined by both TJ “The Thinking Man”, AND “Mrs The Thinking Man”, TJ’s wife Daisy, from Phuket – just a week out from both of their next fights on the same weekend…
Originally from Houston, Texas in the US, TJ and Daisy sold everything back home and upped roots to live in Thailand and train full time in Muay Thai for the last 3 years.
It’s certainly not your average story, and I’m excited to share with you our chat together…
Join the most informed Muay Thai performance community out there!
Subscribe Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/donheatrick
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-science-of-building-champions/id1493554765
Each episode revolves around my Four Big Questions…
- What’s Your Story?
- What’s Your Why?
- What Makes A Champion?
- Challenges And Lessons Learned?
Digging into the answers to these questions helps uncover and share both the commonalities, and the differences in the journey to become a champion. And can help inspire and fast-track your journey too.
Timestamped Links To Key Points of Interest…
- Driving by a sign for an MMA gym
- From enjoying training to loving it, and dedicating 100% to it
- Sometimes you don’t pick your calling, your calling picks you
- Muay Thai is a complete striking art
- Daisy, moving from CrossFit to Muay Thai
- Moving to Thailand – selling everything!
- Delving into the real side of Muay Thai
- Training and fighting – a small chapter in a large book
- You need physical ability and mentality in equal measures
- Always a student
- The mind is what separates Joe Blow from Saenchai?
- Helping others culture a mindset habit of positive self talk
- Be a coach of men, not merely a trainer
- If it’s raining, I’m gonna get an umbrella
- Trusting the process despite the apparent set backs
- Fighting every month… but understanding if that’s helping you grow
- Opportunities as a female fighter in Thailand, and moving from CrossFit
- Who is your opponent? It’s me!
- Fighting in Thailand, learning to be a professional – you are responsible
- The power of the social group… motivation
- The losses, the challenges, put in a (mental) place to grow
- Partners, teamwork, sharing a goal and taking a leap together
- It’s pure growth
- Search within… Write down your goals
- Mind, Body, and Spirit in Muay Thai – the Hidden Qualities of a Complete Fighter
- Breaking Limits In Muay Thai
- How A Novice Can Become An Expert – And Why Some Never Will
- Muay Thai Mindset – Who Are You Competing Against?
- Your Training is Your Responsibility
- Paul Banasiak – The Science of Building Champions Podcast
- Tony Myers – The Science of Building Champions Podcast
Founder of Heatrick Strength and Conditioning
Don Heatrick is a family man from the UK, former mechanical design engineer, European Muay Thai silver medallist, former pro Thai boxer (ranked 4th in UK while aged 40-years), a Muay Thai coach, podcast host, and the go-to expert on Muay Thai performance training with over 25 years of coaching experience.
Don helps ambitious fighters and coaches take their game to the next level by bridging the gap between Strength & Conditioning, Performance Science, and Muay Thai.
Follow Don Heatrick on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/donheatrick/
Leave A Comment