Another nice balance of questions between movement skill, resistance (strength, power, speed) training, and energy systems cardio (endurance) conditioning in this Q&A episode.
In this second episode of the Q&A I’m asked…
- Hi, Don. What do u think of the Ido Portal method of focusing on proficiency in movement patterns?
- Why did u choose hang power clean/snatch instead of clean/snatch as power exercises?
- How do we know if we have enough aerobic capacity for going through interval aerobic power work in the next stage? Some aerobic capacity test you recommend?
- Hiit training or threshold training? I ask this because Hiit actually involves more anaerobic system and fighters would become more anaerobic dependant if doing very often?
- Favorite test for muscle endurance? How avoid losing it during max strength and power blocks? Muay thai is enough stimulus for maintaining it?
- Strength work: absolute strengths relative strength. Which focus gives the most bang for my buck?
All those links will take you to the relevant section of the YouTube video version of the Q&A if you want to jump straight to a point of interest.
If you’re on a mobile device and a vertical IGTV version is your preferred option…
View this post on Instagram
Want to Ask Me Anything?
Thanks again to everyone for contributing to this episode!
If you’d like to join me on the next Live Q&A, you’ll find the date, time, and countdown here
- Strength & Conditioning for Muay Thai 101 – A Science-Based Approach to Accelerated Athletic Development
- Optimal Fight Camp Blueprint
- Training Thai Boxers for Strength, Power, & Speed
- Conor McGregor’s Cardio Cconditioning – Planning Cardio Training Correctly
- Always Have The Last Kick – Training To Prevent Gassing Out