In this episode of the Science of Building Champions podcast… Vinny Shoreman, a former Muay Thai coach, a fight commentator, and mind coach who’s in demand around the world from professional fighters, TV stars, to everyday folks struggling with doubt.
With a wealth of knowledge about life struggle (both from personal experience, and helping out his clients), Vinny candidly shares what he observes separates the champion from the crowd.
You can find out more about Vinny’s work from his website here…
And @vinnyshoreman on Instagram here.
And if you found this valuable, please like, subscribe, and share this with someone else it could help too!
Join the most informed Muay Thai performance community out there!
Subscribe Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/donheatrick
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-science-of-building-champions/id1493554765
Each episode revolves around my Four Big Questions…
- What’s Your Story?
- What’s Your Why?
- What Makes A Champion?
- Challenges And Lessons Learned?
Digging into the answers to these questions helps uncover and share both the commonalities, and the differences in the journey to become a champion. And can help inspire and fast-track your journey too.
Timestamped Links To Key Points of Interest…
- A mind coach, and not just for fighters and athletes
- Roots in Muay Thai – fighter, coach, and commentator
- Fighting wasn’t for me
- More worried about losing than winning
- In Thailand there’s less emphasis on winning
- Becoming a Muay Thai coach by accident
- Facing struggles and evolving into a mind coach
- Fighters mindset… wasn’t what I set out to do
- Working with Joe Schilling was the springboard to Joe Rogan and beyond
- It started with wanting to kick people in the head, but taught respect and discipline
- A different era…Early UK Muay Thai evolved from a kickboxing/taekwondo derivative of Muay Thai
- The Dutch style influences yielding to Thai style influences
- Now is a great time for Muay Thai
- Many fighters aren’t “tough” enough to get to the top
- “Crawling through broken glass” is a rarity these days
- Finding your level
- Why champions should be admired
- Not judging a book by it’s cover
- There are different types of mental toughness
- Muay Thai gave me guidance when my family didn’t
- If it wasn’t for Muay Thai, I’d either be dead or in prison
- The Butterfly effect and opportunities that come from your challenges
- Getting attention
- Belts are great, but above all, be decent
- Do This Every Session To Get Better at Muay Thai Quicker
- Muay Thai Mindset – Who Are You Competing Against?
- Muay Thai Fighting Styles and Becoming a Complete Fighter
- A Few Good Words – Effective Coaching & Cornering
- Strength & Conditioning for Muay Thai 101 – A Science-Based Approach to Accelerated Athletic Development
- Are you fighting TOO often?
- Breaking Limits In Muay Thai
Founder of Heatrick Strength and Conditioning
Don Heatrick is a family man from the UK, former mechanical design engineer, European Muay Thai silver medallist, former pro Thai boxer (ranked 4th in UK while aged 40-years), a Muay Thai coach, podcast host, and the go-to expert on Muay Thai performance training with over 25 years of coaching experience.
Don helps ambitious fighters and coaches take their game to the next level by bridging the gap between Strength & Conditioning, Performance Science, and Muay Thai.
Follow Don Heatrick on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/donheatrick/
Leave A Comment